Business Spotlight: Saint & Second
If you have a taste for classy, upscale wining and dining, you would be hard-pressed to find a better venue than Saint & Second (S&S). One quality that positions this establishment as one of the best restaurants in Long Beach is its heritage; this restaurant has been in operation for over six decades in the same location remained a family-run affair across three generations of the Hofman Family. S&S cares about its ambiance as much as its edible offerings so many of its walls are adorned with art drawn by Californian artists.
S&S is focused on seasonal dishes sourced from local providers whenever possible. Furthermore, those providers are just as passionate about quality as S&S. Some of the notable items from each menu include:
- Lunch: Duck meatballs, oxtail gnocchi, spiced shrimp salad, Skuna Bay Salmon, their signature burger with mozzarella and maple glaze, mac and shrooms, and charcuterie-for-two.
- Dinner: Roasted bone marrow, wild mushroom, and sausage on flatbread, their signature Cobb salad, oysters, bison short rib, truffled thin fries.
- Dessert: Chocolate bourbon tart, an apple fritter donut bread pudding served with coffee ice cream and toasted almonds, known as "donuts & coffee;" and a "black & blue" berry hand pie.
- Social Hour (Monday through Thursday, 3-6 p.m.): Burrata flatbread and vegetable fritto.
- Brunch (Weekends, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.): Lump crab salad toast, house-smoked tri-tip hash, maple bacon waffle, seasonal tres leches French toast even a kids menu.
While the above food items are robust and satisfying, there is far more than what we have listed and the situation is just the same when it comes to S&S's drink menu. Provided below are some of their more iconic libations.
- Dark & Stormy
- Smoke Signals
- The Good, The Bad, and The Smoky
- The Icon
S&S is also proud of its curated list of whiskeys, sourced from Scotland, Ireland, the US, Canada, Japan, France, Australia, and even Taiwan. If you have no taste for alcohol or prefer a sober dining experience, S&S offers teas from Harney & Sons, three house lemonades, Trinidadian fair trade coffee, soda, and various varieties of bottled water.
S&S offers a limited number of wine lockers that can be stocked with whatever bottles a customer wishes. A locker costs a one-time $500 purchase plus an agreement to buy at least one bottle per annum (at a 30% discount). Understandably, the contents of these purchased bottles must be imbibed on the premises.
On the note of premises, Saint & Second offers several private and semi-private group dining experiences.
- A private room can be booked for parties of up to 12 people.
- A semi-private dining experience exists to accommodate up to 40 people.
- A patio can be reserved for a private dining experience of up to 50 people.
If you are in the mood for relishing a dining experience like no other, then you need to check out Saint and Second when in the Long Beach area.